Sideways photos?

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 31, 2010
      Anyone got any idea why sometimes the photos get
      put up sideways and how to fix this?

      Thanks
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2010
        These appear relevant...

        http://tinyurl.com/37rjsp9

        http://tinyurl.com/35z98et

        EXIF detail can be lost when original photos are resized.
        I quite like this freebie EXIF viewer
        http://tinyurl.com/24c3gju

        It might be that Yahoo rotates photos according to aspect ratio and I'd try 4:3
        http://tinyurl.com/2v9jx8h

        Fred.
        P.S. Did you much like the Gale loudspeakers you previously mentioned?

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2010
          I suggest attacking the problem at the root rather than playing around with viewers. Of course, if you've already tried the following more obvious method, the other Yahoo viewer methods may be the only thing that could help.

          I suggest deleting the sideways photo from Yahoo. Clear your computer cache and cookies with CCleaner or another tool.

          Then, on your original photo, change the orientation a few times in your viewer until it is properly vertical again. Now save that new version as a different file. (Any viewer will have a function allowing you to save the re-oriented image as a new file. Just because your viewer is showing the picture in the proper orientation does not mean that the file itself is saved in that orientation; some viewers use exif information to orient pictures in the viewer.) Upload the new file to Yahoo. I hope that works for you.

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2010
            Playing around with my viewer, I see that Robert's photo "Morgandreamframed.jpg" retained EXIF data showing the image orientation to be 90 Degrees clockwise and I think Tom's suggestion would work well.

            :-)

            Fred.

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 1, 2010
              Thanks for all the suggestions.
              The problem is that in my local environment,
              e.g., when I put the beauteous Morgan up as
              my computer screen picture, she was oriented
              correctly.
              But when I uploaded her to Yahoo, suddenly
              she was not.
              I thought maybe this had to do with the fact
              that the original photo was square or maybe even
              a little taller than it was wide.
              So I went back and made a framed photo that is
              definitely(including the frame)
              wider than it is tall.
              But this one got turned sideways by Yahoo,too!

              The thing came out of the camera fine--correct orientation--
              and has been fine ever since--until Yahoo got ahold of it.

              REG

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 1, 2010
              Is the attached file any better?

              Fred.

              Message 7 of 7 , Sep 1, 2010
                This worked! The thumbnail is sideways
                but when one clicks for full size it comes out right
                Thank you very much.

                Is she not beautiful?