Re: poll

  • jramossurg2002
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2010
      Hi Laurie

      I have the XTZ system and it is very easy to use. I have not spent a lot of time with it but used it to verify my Tact correction. I was pleasantly surprised with the readings I got after applying the Tact correction. Interestingly, with the Tact in bypass mode, the XTZ picked up a number of room modes - these disappeared after implementing Tact correction.
      The XTZ system is reasonably priced and very simple to use - definitely recommended.

      Jose

      --- In regsaudioforum@yahoogroups.com, "laurie483000" <laurie483000@...> wrote:

      > I replied yes, but really it should only have been a very qualified yes. I did a few measurements using a Behringer EQ box when my M30s and LS3/5a V2s were on trial in a temporary room location - before purchase. Interesting, but I found it so long winded to actually record the response, I gave up after a while. My attempts to post the response here in ASCII format were also a miserable failure.
      >
      > However, following a message you posted a few months ago, I mailed XTZ about their measurement system and they gave me details of the UK dealer - Advanced Acoustics - £155 in the UK :-
      >
      > http://www.advancedacoustics-uk.com/highendaudio/XTZ_Room_Analyzer.html
      >
      > I only turned up the web site just now for the first time, spurred on by this poll, and I see that both HiFi Choice and HiFi World give it 5 star ratings. Noel Keywood commented that it's highly effective, deadly accurate and simple to use and a fine way to see what is causing room boom. It's been around for a little while too - reviewed in Nov 2008.
      >
      > Presumably my intended eventual Acourate aquisition would provide all the readings that XTZ can, but that needs some setting up. With the XTZ, I wouldn't have to bother about a sound card for now, as there's one built in and this makes it attractive to me as presumably I will be able to go easily from room to room and from house to house simply using a laptop. Whilst they don't actually claim that the supplied mic is calibrated, they say that the software takes into account the mic characteristics - lets hope the mics they use are consistent from sample to sample. So it's about time I pulled my finger out.
      >

      > Laurie
      >

      > --- In regsaudioforum@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <regonaudio@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I have put up a poll, yes or no to whether you
      > > have measured your system below 300 Hz.
      > > This is anonymous--no one will be able to see who
      > > said what.
      > >
      > > Please vote.
      > >
      > > It takes only a moment.
      > >
      > > I am concerned that everyone who has will vote and no one
      > > who has not will vote so the results will not be representative.
      > >
      > > Please vote, everybody!

    • laurie483000
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2010
        Jose

        Thanks for that - I'll order mine when we get back after a short break by the sea. I did a search on XTZ and found the original April message with a link to the '6 Moons' review, which I'd forgotten about.

        I thought I had had asked shortly afterwards, if anyone knew whether XTZ can do time windowed measurements, but can't find any reference to this now. I suspect not though.

        Laurie