Re: sad news

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2010
      Thank you all for the messages of condolence.
      Hilda's death a little over a year ago was a shock.
      Freja had been diagnosed with dilated cardiomyopathy
      (which Hilda had not --sometime the first symptom is
      sudden death) some time ago, so I knewher time was
      rather limited. But still, even though it was not a surprise,
      I am sad and as Fred mentioned a death always brings back
      memories of other griefs. This is particularly the case with
      Freja, because she was the beloved dog of my late first wife Lis, as I mentioned before.
      Love for Freja helped keep Lis alive for a long time
      beyond when the doctors said Lis had a chance of survival(Lis
      had a terminal autoimmune disorder). This was years ago when
      Freja was a very young dog(I got her for Lis at Lis's request
      --Freja was four months old then when she first arrived in our lives).
      But it all comes back.

      Still, life goes on. Freja did not have a really long life--she
      was just short of eight years old, and Dobermans often live to ten to twelve, though seldom much longer. But she had a good life and was
      much loved. I am trying to go back to normal, though bad moments intrude. I shall always miss my Freja and I shall be grateful to her forever for what she did for Lis.

      Thanks again for the condolences,