Re: Pretty funny

  • derekrumble
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2009
      I bet that a few have been sold! Seriously though; every bit as logical as some other add-ons we've seen in the past. But whichever one I could choose to offer as a belter of an example there will be someone who will say "No, no. That one actually works because..."

      OK, I'll risk it - those funny little metal cones that you are supposed to stand on the top of a speaker cabinet?

      ;-)

      Derek

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 1, 2009
        As they say in Northern Englandshire "There's nowt as strange as folk" and regretably it does seem possible that a few could have been sold.
        There are Gizmos that test the boundries of sense and criminality and I abhor how some may be endorsed.
        When I googled around I found a Hi-Fi WigWam Forum discussion that I found disturbing
        http://tinyurl.com/ygg4fhn

        Fred.

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 1, 2009
          By "funny little metal cones that are supposed to stand on the top of a speaker cabinet," so you mean the "beaks" sold by Totem? They also have "claws" for underneath, but those are more obvious in function. See:

          http://www.totemacoustic.com/products/accessories/

          I think that some of the wildest audio products actually sold are marketed by Machina Dynamica. Some of these make sense from a vibration-reduction viewpoint, but others leave me wondering:

          http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina5.htm

          The old Astounding Stories sci-fi mag covers which adorn their site may be a hint at what's going on here.

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 26, 2013
            The photos of TMs and my listening rooms
            with the speakers pasted in!
            I have changed the picture though--my
            greatgrandfather's portrait in oils
            is up now where the Bolivian rubber workers
            (oil painting by my father) was formerly.

            My great grnadfather looks so depressed in his
            portrait--
            painted soon after the Civil War wherein he
            was an army surgeon, enough to make anyone
            depressed I suppose--that Paige
            wanted him out of the main part of the house.
            The rubber workers are easier to accommodate
            emotionally!
            Anyway, pretty funny!
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 27, 2013

              Add Angelina Jolie's leg for added effect?
              http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2107370/Angelina-Jolie-Oscars-2012-right-leg-pose-goes-viral.html

              The Oval Room one would have been better if not spoiled by what was sat beside Obama.

              ;-)

              Fred.

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 27, 2013
                Glad you liked the pictures, which were done using the WA free iPhone/iPad app.

                Fred, it's the Oval Office, not the Oval Room and the only thing wrong with it is the
                current user. Hopefully, it can survive the next four years.;-)

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 28, 2013
                  Heh! Office, room, whatever - be thankful Congreve's rockets didn't make it pear shaped in 1814!
                  From the UK perspective, Obama's a good guy compared with that verb transitive adjectival bush fella (and his paw).

                  But that's a very effective app making me wonder which (easy) PC apps could do as as well or better.

                  Does your iPhone do DSP too?
                  :-)
                  Fred.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 30
                    Have a look at this.
                    Strikes me that one can look at most of these and see that they have no chance of working well.  I think a pair of LS3/6s with multiple subs would eat most of this stuff for breakfast lunch and dinner. Of course one has to listen but really how do they expect any coherence out of these things?
                    REG
                    Worlds 20 Most Expensive Speakers Over $100,000

                  • chears2015
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 31
                      Or the Gradient 1.3 with multiple subs.