Re: cable specifications

  • carokandefence
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
      Blue Jean Cables are great value!
      I cannot disagree with that.

      As I speak I am auditioning an MIT V2.2 as well as a DIY solid core silver.

      The DIY is great value at a fraction of the MIT price.

      But the MIT is smoother and does everything better. The DIY us at a fraction of the price and 85% of the performance, it is great value too.

      --- In regsaudioforum@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Mallin" <tmallin@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > I fully agree with them from my experiences in the coaxial cable industry.
      >
      > Well how much is a good connector ?
      >
      > Some say the minimum grade is Eichmann and that cost USD62x2 for a pair of IC
      >
      > FuraTech and WBT goes higher than that.
      >
      > So it all adds up to the price a cable.
      >

      > --- In regsaudioforum@yahoogroups.com, robert jorgensen <robert.jorgensen@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I still find it hard to swallow that this should necessitate spending
      > > thousands of dollars or euros on powercables and distribution boxes.
      > > There must be a reasonable option somewhere.
      > >
      > > I spoke to a producer of cable in Germany who shall remain unnamed
      > > here who voiced the opinion that the connections might be more
      > > important than the actual cable used. It would be better to hard-wire
      > > as much as possible.
      > >
      > > Greetings from a sweltering Brussels
      > >
      > > RObert
      > >
      > > On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 11:07 AM, HM<hmartinburm@> wrote:
      > > > You may be right if you connect an integrated CD-player-amplifier unit and nothing else.
      > > > If you share a line and from a certain point you split the lines to supply several units you must take into consideration that these are placed close together and have their cases coupled by capacitance. Now inductance of the mains cables matter, as these Ls and the Cs form resonant circuits.
      > > > Stackig units gives resonances around 4MHz while placing the same units side by side reduces their C and resonance rises above 10MHz. This has been investigated by Hans-M.Strassner of HMS cables using a Leader Grid Dip Meter LDM-810 -the report was printed at german STEREO magazine.
      > > >
      > > > If you put ferrite rings over the mains cables, this can be stopped, and the various differences between the cables decrease.
      > > > TacT digital amps and CD-Players show much reaction, as the circuit ground plane is connected to the case by capacitors dumping all HF noise there (IMO poor HF-design).
      > > > An alternative is connecting the cases with a flat braided earthing cable if possible stronger than 14AWG. YMMV.
      > > >
      > > > If there are audible differences at the last meter the consequence might be to replace the whole mains cables from the fuses near the electricity counter.
      > > > Taking the consequence from ordinary copper wiring into the house and continuing therefore with the cheapest available wires is like telling an olympic runner not to put his last energy into the endspurt.
      > > >
      > > > Actually the house wiring is solid core and rigid, while the final meters are stranded and flexible.
      > > > You will find a difference in sound when using solid cable troughout- but this is not not allowed for safety reasons.
      > > > The math behind the matter is definitely not a simple 1+1=2

    • ymm
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
        Hello,

        Why sort of recordings do you listen to? Do you have any favourite labels for classical and jazz?

        best,
        Yip

> [...]

        > > > An alternative is connecting the cases with a flat braided earthing cable if possible stronger than 14AWG. YMMV.
        > > >
        > > > If there are audible differences at the last meter the consequence might be to replace the whole mains cables from the fuses near the electricity counter.
        > > > Taking the consequence from ordinary copper wiring into the house and continuing therefore with the cheapest available wires is like telling an olympic runner not to put his last energy into the endspurt.
        > > >
        > > > Actually the house wiring is solid core and rigid, while the final meters are stranded and flexible.
        > > > You will find a difference in sound when using solid cable troughout- but this is not not allowed for safety reasons.
        > > > The math behind the matter is definitely not a simple 1+1=2

        Try cool new skins, plus more space for friends. Check it out on Singapore Yahoo! Messenger now.
      • carokandefence
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
          The Mahler series from SanFransico Symphony is expensive would be my best source collection. Deutsche Grammophon works better on my system than EMI or Pentone Classis.

          Patrica Barber and Groove Note Jacintha is pretty good too.