Re: [regsaudioforum] Re: impulse response

  • nedmast2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 98 , Dec 1, 2008
      I'm with Tom on this one.  I never close my eyes at concerts and always listen at home with the room lighted and my eyes open.  The visual aspect is important to me when listening to music, even recorded music, and I strongly disagree with the idea that this is in any way disdainful of the music.

      Ned

    • amadeuswus
      Message 98 of 98 , Dec 10, 2008
        Hi Tony,

        Thank you for your thoughtful comments on this question (whether
        sensibly applied dsp correction still makes things worse outside the
        sweetspot--and possibly affects the room sound so much that even the
        sweetspot isn't so sweet after all).

        REG has noted before (in his TAS review of the Gradient Active
        Revolutions) that the QUAD 63 et al. are exemplary in terms of
        controlled dispersion. And your specially treated listening room takes
        most early reflections out of the equation. Under these circumstances,
        dsp would seem less likely to misfire even if you move outside of the
        sweetspot. A speaker with nasty off-axis tweeter flares set up in an
        untreated room--maybe that would highlight the limits of what dsp can
        do.

        I wonder if Goran would care to comment on your observations.

        Thanks,
        Edward