Re: Re directional response of the ear

  • John R Smolley
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2008
      Thanks Robert,very interesting and somewhat surprising: the most
      consistent "null" is at -120 degrees with 0 degrees being directly in
      front, and 180 directly behind and negative angles are on the
      opposite side of the ear being tested.

      Whats completely counterintuitive IMO is that at very high
      frequencies (14k) we have greater sensitivity directly in front than
      at our sides where you'd think shadowing effects would make the ear
      really crummy.

      --- In regsaudioforum@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Greene"