STransform

  • uli_bru
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2008
      Hi all,

      there is always a lot of discussion about frequency responses and the
      interpretation.

      Actually I'm working on a program applying a modified STransform
      instead of the usual Fourier transform (FFT). IMHO the results are
      really promising. They show how the frequencies in a pulse response
      develop over time. And it is possible to get more infomations about
      reflections and their frequency contents. You get an instantanous
      frequency plot over each sample representing a time slice.

      For your convenience I have uploaded a first paper STransform.pdf in
      the files section http://groups.yahoo.com/group/regsaudioforum/files/
      with pictures showing the results.

      Robert, I guess it should be very attractive for you.

      Best

      Uli