Re: [regsaudioforum] Re: Time out for surgery

  • Will Hum
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 1 3:37 AM
      Best wishes to you and your wife... I'll say a prayer for her quick
      recovery..

      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 1 7:30 AM
        My prayers will be with you and your wife as well, Ken.

        Tom

        >>> will_hum@... 4/1/2008 5:37 AM >>>
        Best wishes to you and your wife... I'll say a prayer for her quick
        recovery..

        > --- In regsaudioforum@yahoogroups.com, Ken Holder
        > <ken_holder@...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Howdy y'all,
        > >
        > > I'm going to be gone for a week or so while my
        > > wife has open heart surgery. Have fun, and I'll
        > > catch up when I'm back.
        > >
        > > Ken Holder
        > > Just a Poor, Old, Simple, Country, Music-Lover

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:regsaudioforum-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:regsaudioforum-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Ken Holder
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 7 9:55 PM
          At 12:25 AM 3/31/2008, Ken Holder wrote:

          I'm going to be gone for a week or so while my
          wife has open heart surgery. Have fun, and I'll
          catch up when I'm back.

          And I'm back. She did fine. Now I have to be
          a home-nurse for 6-weeks to 2-months until
          she's all healed-up. She takes a lot of TLC.

          Of course, the dog just now stepped on her
          chest as she was laying on the sofa. Lots
          of noise from that! So now poor doggy is
          banished to the office with me.

          And I've got a lot of catching-up to do on
          the postings. But I'm too tired. After she
          got out of ICU they let me sleep in her room
          on a little fold-away bed/cot. Next day I
          went to the nearest Walgreens pharmacy and
          got some earplugs! A hospital is not a place
          to get a good nights sleep, restfully sleep,
          or anything else like that. It's a wonder
          anybody ever recovers from surgery!

          Ken Holder

        • Richard Tuck
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 8 1:15 AM
            Hi Ken

            Good news indeed.  BTW I and a few chums who've been through the major surgery mill have come to learn that when a surgeon says 6 weeks it means 6 months until you really forget it happened.  It took the best part of a year before I forgot my sphincter implant was an implant and just a extra bit of me.

            Best wishes

            Richard

            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 8 6:48 AM
              Glad to hear that all went well with the surgery, Ken!  A pianist I play with recently had a triple by-pass operation is now feeling better than she has in years.  I hope your wife's recovery is similar; I know she couldn't have a more diligent and devoted 'nurse'.

              Best,

              Ned

            • Hiroyuki Hamada
              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 8 7:06 AM
                Ken, good luck for her quick recovery!

                Best regards,

                Hiroyuki
                On Apr 8, 2008, at 9:48 AM, nedmast2@... wrote:

                Glad to hear that all went well with the surgery, Ken!  A pianist I play with recently had a triple by-pass operation is now feeling better than she has in years.  I hope your wife's recovery is similar; I know she couldn't have a more diligent and devoted 'nurse'.

                Best,

                Ned

                Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL Travel Guides.

              • Robert Greene
                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 8 9:44 AM
                  Best hopes for a speedy and complete recovery from all of us.

                  REG

                  --- In regsaudioforum@yahoogroups.com, Hiroyuki Hamada <hhamada@...>

                  Message 8 of 20 , Apr 14 10:24 PM
                    At 06:48 AM 4/8/2008, nedmast2@... wrote:

                    Glad to hear that all went well with the surgery, Ken!  A pianist I play with recently had a triple by-pass operation is now feeling better than she has in years.  I hope your wife's recovery is similar; I know she couldn't have a more diligent and devoted 'nurse'.

                    Unfortunately I have come down with strep
                    throat, apparently from getting chilled
                    while sleeping on a cot in her room without
                    enough blankets on me.

                    We are just a house-full of sickies here.
                    She's recovering faster than I am!

                    Ah well. Thanks to all for their good wishes!

                    Message 9 of 20 , Apr 15 7:38 AM
                      Be glad it's "just" a Strep throat?
                      I often wonder why people enter hospital with some
                      malady but succumb to Pneumonia - one form of which is
                      Streptococcal.

                      Fred.

                      http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/