Re: Time out for surgery

  • laurie482000
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 31 11:50 PM
      Ken

      Best wishes to your wife.

      Laurie
    • Will Hum
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 1, 2008
        Best wishes to you and your wife... I'll say a prayer for her quick
        recovery..

        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 1, 2008
          My prayers will be with you and your wife as well, Ken.

          Tom

          >>> will_hum@... 4/1/2008 5:37 AM >>>
          Best wishes to you and your wife... I'll say a prayer for her quick
          recovery..

          > --- In regsaudioforum@yahoogroups.com, Ken Holder
          > <ken_holder@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Howdy y'all,
          > >
          > > I'm going to be gone for a week or so while my
          > > wife has open heart surgery. Have fun, and I'll
          > > catch up when I'm back.
          > >
          > > Ken Holder
          > > Just a Poor, Old, Simple, Country, Music-Lover

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              mailto:regsaudioforum-digest@yahoogroups.com
              mailto:regsaudioforum-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Ken Holder
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 7, 2008
            At 12:25 AM 3/31/2008, Ken Holder wrote:

            I'm going to be gone for a week or so while my
            wife has open heart surgery. Have fun, and I'll
            catch up when I'm back.

            And I'm back. She did fine. Now I have to be
            a home-nurse for 6-weeks to 2-months until
            she's all healed-up. She takes a lot of TLC.

            Of course, the dog just now stepped on her
            chest as she was laying on the sofa. Lots
            of noise from that! So now poor doggy is
            banished to the office with me.

            And I've got a lot of catching-up to do on
            the postings. But I'm too tired. After she
            got out of ICU they let me sleep in her room
            on a little fold-away bed/cot. Next day I
            went to the nearest Walgreens pharmacy and
            got some earplugs! A hospital is not a place
            to get a good nights sleep, restfully sleep,
            or anything else like that. It's a wonder
            anybody ever recovers from surgery!

            Ken Holder

          • Richard Tuck
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 8, 2008
              Hi Ken

              Good news indeed.  BTW I and a few chums who've been through the major surgery mill have come to learn that when a surgeon says 6 weeks it means 6 months until you really forget it happened.  It took the best part of a year before I forgot my sphincter implant was an implant and just a extra bit of me.

              Best wishes

              Richard

              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 8, 2008
                Glad to hear that all went well with the surgery, Ken!  A pianist I play with recently had a triple by-pass operation is now feeling better than she has in years.  I hope your wife's recovery is similar; I know she couldn't have a more diligent and devoted 'nurse'.

                Best,

                Ned

              • Hiroyuki Hamada
                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 8, 2008
                  Ken, good luck for her quick recovery!

                  Best regards,

                  Hiroyuki
                  On Apr 8, 2008, at 9:48 AM, nedmast2@... wrote:

                  Glad to hear that all went well with the surgery, Ken!  A pianist I play with recently had a triple by-pass operation is now feeling better than she has in years.  I hope your wife's recovery is similar; I know she couldn't have a more diligent and devoted 'nurse'.

                  Best,

                  Ned

                  Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL Travel Guides.

                • Robert Greene
                  Message 8 of 20 , Apr 8, 2008
                    Best hopes for a speedy and complete recovery from all of us.

                    REG

                    --- In regsaudioforum@yahoogroups.com, Hiroyuki Hamada <hhamada@...>

                    Message 9 of 20 , Apr 14, 2008
                      At 06:48 AM 4/8/2008, nedmast2@... wrote:

                      Glad to hear that all went well with the surgery, Ken!  A pianist I play with recently had a triple by-pass operation is now feeling better than she has in years.  I hope your wife's recovery is similar; I know she couldn't have a more diligent and devoted 'nurse'.

                      Unfortunately I have come down with strep
                      throat, apparently from getting chilled
                      while sleeping on a cot in her room without
                      enough blankets on me.

                      We are just a house-full of sickies here.
                      She's recovering faster than I am!

                      Ah well. Thanks to all for their good wishes!

                      Message 10 of 20 , Apr 15, 2008
                        Be glad it's "just" a Strep throat?
                        I often wonder why people enter hospital with some
                        malady but succumb to Pneumonia - one form of which is
                        Streptococcal.

                        Fred.

                        http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/