Re: opera recording by Telarc

  • laurie482000
    Message 1 of 87 , Oct 5, 2007
      --- In regsaudioforum@yahoogroups.com, nedmast2@... wrote:
      > As a jazz musician friend of mine pointed out, she is a good lounge
      > singer and pianist. As such, she doesn't warrant comparison with
      > such singers as Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughn, etc. etc. Fun to
      > listen to in a lounge over a couple of drinks, but - to my
      > mind - not suitable for a concert venue.

      Ned

      Certainly not the Albert Hall. The DVD video of a her Paris Concert
      seems to be a favourite of those demonstrating Bose Lifestyle
      systems. Of course I had to buy this DVD for my wife, not that she's
      shown any interest in Bose stuff - unlike her friend whose husband
      has the Quad 57s - she said she'd heard a Bose system recently and
      was trying to persuade him that it was really rather good - ominous
      signs!!! Another friend has recently successfully fought off a Bose
      attack from his partner. I'm in danger of sounding rather snobby -
      the Krall CD is quite pleasant though, as a background when people
      drop round for drinks.

      Laurie
    • Richard Tuck
      Message 87 of 87 , Oct 15, 2007
        Hi Guys

        Decide for yourselves if it is biased, BBC News 24 is streamed live, watch
        it for a while http://news.bbc.co.uk/.

        As to the organisation's liberal leanings I guess there are plenty of lovies
        in there who tend to be that way but imagine the fracas if people were asked
        to disclose their political leanings in a job interview.

        There have been some real cock-ups lately in my view due to two factors:

        1) Out-sourcing a lot of content production because it is cheaper.
        Remember, it was a content providing company that messed up the interview
        with the Queen.

        2) As a rule the personality profile of lovies makes them poor managers.

        The above has me painting with a very broad brush without much evidence but
        I believe it's along the right lines.

        Finally, few privatisations of national institutions really succeed

        Richard