opera recording by Telarc

    Message 1 of 87 , Sep 30, 2007
      Telarc is doing a new recording of La Boheme in Atlanta.
      It is live so presumably there is a limit on how much
      extra miking of singers there might be. This could be a good
      one from the viewpoint of natural balance(even though
      as you all know, I am not a huge fan of Telarc sound as such).

      Incidentally, have people listened to the "new" Telarc sound,
      where they have a dummy head added in? (The "old" Telarc
      was just three spaced omnis and nothing else).

      I could be interest to hear comments. (My initial impression was that
      it sounds rather odd, but I have not yet listened to it critically--my
      usual listening set-up is down at the moment, while I am working with
      some other stuff).

      REG
    • Richard Tuck
      Message 87 of 87 , Oct 15, 2007
        Hi Guys

        Decide for yourselves if it is biased, BBC News 24 is streamed live, watch
        it for a while http://news.bbc.co.uk/.

        As to the organisation's liberal leanings I guess there are plenty of lovies
        in there who tend to be that way but imagine the fracas if people were asked
        to disclose their political leanings in a job interview.

        There have been some real cock-ups lately in my view due to two factors:

        1) Out-sourcing a lot of content production because it is cheaper.
        Remember, it was a content providing company that messed up the interview
        with the Queen.

        2) As a rule the personality profile of lovies makes them poor managers.

        The above has me painting with a very broad brush without much evidence but
        I believe it's along the right lines.

        Finally, few privatisations of national institutions really succeed

        Richard