Re: Our Hearing

  • eelekim1974
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2007
      I'm not interested in knowing what other people hear and I don't need
      to know what they hear in order to justify what I hear.

      I'm interested in knowing if I hear right (e.g. sensitivity to
      certain frequencies that should be audible by normal healthy people).
      If I know I have some hearing disability, I may not need to worry
      about or try to solve the "problem" that may not be in the audio at
      all but surely in me...

      I'm also interested in knowing if different hearing abilities lead to
      different ideas on the same audio and listening environment.

      It's absolutely true that "an accurate reproduction is an accurate
      reproduction for everyone." But who can tell the accuracy? Could it
      be fully told by measurements or other objective means?

      Regarding live sound, I'm afraid the only but imperfect way is to
      compare the real sound as being recorded and its reproduced sound.
      However, very few people can do this. (One of the reasons why it's
      imperfect is our not-so-reliable memory.)

      For non-live sound (e.g. synthesizer) that is not recorded by
      microphone but generated electrically and directly to the recording
      medium, I can't do anything but give up. As REG said, we just can't
      know what other people hear. Take it easy or find the sound nicest to
      our ears then. :)

      --- In regsaudioforum@yahoogroups.com, "regtas43" <regonaudio@...>