[regsaudioforum] Computer DSP (was: new material on www.regonaudio.com)

  • Bob Stern
    Message 1 of 136 , Feb 1 8:20 PM
      >george day wrote:
      >
      >Accurate is still not playing nice with Inguz, from what I can tell.
      > Besides that, I'm more and more using a Mac, with iTunes, directly
      >without resorting to the Squeezebox.

      Assuming the early adopters eventually figure out how to get Accurate
      to work with the Squeezebox server, Accurate plus a Squeezebox seems
      like it will be markedly cheaper than any all-in-one black box.

      Apparently the digital output from the Squeezebox is pretty clean.
      John Atkinson, editor of Stereophile, said it sounded better than
      Apple's Airport Express driving his Levinson DAC.

      Are you connecting your Mac directly to your DAC using Toslink?
      --

      Bob Stern
      Message 136 of 136 , Feb 3 3:14 PM
        Paige has just now put up the two reviews I wrote some time back of
        the Townshend Rock Reference and Rock Mk III turntable/arm combos.

        I think these remain of contemporary interest--the general picture has
        not changed.

        The current issue of TAS is about vinyl playback. I was not able to
        write for this issue because the items I was hoping to review were
        delayed(later on, those reviews will appear in due course in TAS.)
        But if you are interested in my general views, these are reflected in
        the newly posted Townshend articles.

        Have fun,