Re: [regsaudioforum] Re: new material on www.regonaudio.com

  • Uli Brueggemann
    Message 1 of 136 , Jan 31, 2007
      Ned,

      you are absolutely right and I take it very serious what you have to say.
      Also the following posts show some weak points of correction systems today.

      So we have some "established" systems like TacT or Lyngdorf. The Lyngdorf RP already tries to manage all with a single pushbutton. But the price to pay is that IMHO you do not get the best possible result.

      Then we have the let's say DIY systems based on PCs. You can achieve the best result BUT you have to learn something.

      The Acourate website has been first intended for the guys who know already how to handle a PC based correction. Thus it is not easy to read and to understand for non-technicians.

      So my target is to get the things easy. The background is quite complex. And of course the first installations have been complex too. Anyway I always have tried to make things easier and I have cooperated with non-technical "test customers".

      The next steps have to simplify the user interface. And a manual is waiting to be written. This all costs a lot of time and up to now I always did not have enough time as I have developed all as part of my hobby.
      Actually I have decided to change my profession and I have founded a company with the name AudioVero. 'Vero' is Italian and means true. So the name of the company is also its goal. I guess you all understand it very well. True audio reproduction.
      So in a short time I will have more time to spend with the development of Acourate and the easy-to-use interface has a very high priority.

      In the last days there has been some discussion at the Sursound user group about the success of ambiophonics and Robert who also participates has clearly stated that ambiophonics will not spread widely until there is a simple decoder chip or playback device that will do the job. I am lurking more or less at this forum and I have to admit that I also do not understand the technical language used there. They discuss a lot about pro's and con's of different codecs, different orders and different miking techniques. There is no common understanding how many speakers to use and how to arrange them. This is of course my point of view as I have not dived enough into this area to understand the backgrounds. So I may feel similar here like you feel with a PC based room correction or the Acourate website.

      Luckily I do not have to make concessions to make a big expert congregation happy. I can make my own decisions. Hopefully I will make the right ones and my future customers will get happy.

      Uli
      www.acourate.com

      On 2/1/07, nedmast2@... <nedmast2@... > wrote:

      George,

      I think you're right, and I will look into it (a computerized analysis system).  But - a big but - I'm for practical purposes computer illiterate.  I look at the <<acourate>> web site and don't understand a thing being said.  So, I need something simple to understand and use.  But I will keep looking.

      Ned
      _

      Message 136 of 136 , Feb 3, 2008
        Paige has just now put up the two reviews I wrote some time back of
        the Townshend Rock Reference and Rock Mk III turntable/arm combos.

        I think these remain of contemporary interest--the general picture has
        not changed.

        The current issue of TAS is about vinyl playback. I was not able to
        write for this issue because the items I was hoping to review were
        delayed(later on, those reviews will appear in due course in TAS.)
        But if you are interested in my general views, these are reflected in
        the newly posted Townshend articles.

        Have fun,