Re: [regsaudioforum] Re: Sphile and room interaction

  • Ken Holder
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2006
      At 09:51 PM 9/2/2006, Ted Rook wrote:

      Robert, I think you answered your own question, people chase after electronics because
      people like J Atkinson set the example, which you criticised rightly in my opinion.

      When loose talk about electronics carries weight how can the truth in the form of acoustics
      get the respect it deserves?

      The really strange thing again in my opinion, is that people do actually have some control
      over their listening conditions, room treatment is not rocket science, whereas the control over
      electronics is zero, something of a paradox, to complain and yet turn away from the thing you
      can control towards something you can't.

      Perhaps it's a way to avoid messing-about with room treatment?
      (Conscious or unconscious.)

      Ken Holder
      Just a Poor, Simple, Country-Bumpkin Music-Lover