48442Re: John Dunlavy interview

  • tonycdk
    Feb 17, 2014
      I have not heard the Bag End speaker but, when I built my listening room in 2002, I built-in small sealed cabinet subwoofers.  15" drivers in about a 1 cu ft enclosure - even though relatively small I could barely lift them  I had thought initially of transmission line subwoofer cabinets but decided that I would never be able to move such large cabinets - there are real reasons for going small.  Operated below the driver/cabinet resonant frequency provides more predictable performance.  The measured in-room performance at my listening position is shown in my system description in the files section:

      You can get wonderfully clean bass from this configuration - although most people seem to like "boom" and resonant effects with their bass.

      Tony
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic