48435Re: [regsaudioforum] Marsh A400s Solid-State Amplifier

  • Peter
    Feb 16, 2014
      If I were in the market for another pair of beefy amps (which I will be at some point), I'd first look at the big Emotivas:
      http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/amplifiers/products/xpr1

      Audioholics gave them their highest rating:
      http://www.audioholics.com/amplifier-reviews/emotiva-xpr1-amplifier

      1,000 wpc at 8 ohms and 1,750 wpc at 4 ohms.  They can be used with either 115 or 230 lines, but they need 20 amp circuits, preferably a dedicated one for each.

      On Sunday, February 16, 2014 10:28 AM, Ted Rook <rooknrol@...> wrote:

      I haven't heard the unit, but going by the published spec I see in it's favor plenty of power so
      there is an unlimited choice of speakers, there is a 4 ohm rating, it has low noise and
      distortion, a pretty good candidate I'd say.

      Ted

      On 15 Feb 2014 at 17:25, mike@... wrote:

      > REG reviewed this power amp quite favorably in TAS in 2000. It's
      > still in the Marsh product line,
      > and I'm tempted by a 4-year-old one on Audiogon. Any reason to think
      > otherwise? I'd be using it
      > with dynamic speakers, perhaps small Harbeths or KEFs.

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic