48433Re: John Dunlavy interview

  • Russell Dawkins
    Feb 16, 2014
      I would like to hear the one example of which I am aware of sealed box bass taken to the theoretical limit: the Bag End sub.

      This is designed from the outset to operate entirely below its system resonance and to depend on EQ to provide response ± 3 dB from 95 Hz down to 8 Hz.
      It seems to me this gets around all the problems associated with dealing with the resonances not only of the box, but of the driver. The main practical problem I see is that the low pass seems to be fixed at 95 Hz which would require that two subs be used.

      http://www.bagend.com/    (see "tech notes" under "tech library").
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic