47607Noticing things

    Dec 3, 2013

      I am getting quite disconcerted by how reviews and radio play and so on of the new nonKeithJohnson RR recording(Strauss tone poems from Pittsburg) now starting to appear seem to be quite unaware that this is in fact an RR in name only. Whatever one thinks of the sound, it is quite different from KOJ's work. One can start to wonder if anyone actually listens to new recordings or whether they just start talking and writing about them on an entirely superficial or "image;" basis(and I don't mean stereo image).

      This is pretty strange. It remains to be seen what the audiophile magazines do about it. Let us hope they notice!