38595Re: [regsaudioforum] Re: U shaped foam frame around speakers

    Jun 13, 2012
      WOW!!  A true blast from the past.  That's the firm and those are the images they used in the old ads.  The Watkins was wide so as to build in the echo muffs concept.  The width probably also lowered the baffle step.  The Watkins woofer was used in many of the big Infinity systems from that era.

      On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 2:50 PM, Robert <regtas43@...> wrote:

      "echo muffs" as I recall the name?
      See here
      http://www.bobbyshred.com/infinity/watkins.html
      These guys have got to be good--Kingsport is right
      near Knoxville(my home town).
      Seriously, there are some very interesting measurements
      of after ring of tone bursts shown on this site.
      In a sensible world, everyone would be looking
      into this!
      REG

      --- In regsaudioforum@yahoogroups.com, Tom Mallin <tmallin4@...> wrote:

      > Yes, many years ago when such a product was marketed in the US by a speaker company named Watkins, I tried a homemade version. At the time I quickly concluded that while it had a positive effect, putting the Sonex on the walls further from the speakers was much more effective. You need more Sonex for wall treatment, though.
      >

      > On Jun 11, 2012, at 4:55 AM, ymm <yipmangmeng@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hi HM,
      > >
      > > I mean around the speaker ,sides and back, like using 3 thick Sonex sheets.
      > >
      > > BR
      > > Yip

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic