38592Re: U shaped foam frame around speakers

    Jun 13, 2012
      "echo muffs" as I recall the name?
      See here
      http://www.bobbyshred.com/infinity/watkins.html
      These guys have got to be good--Kingsport is right
      near Knoxville(my home town).
      Seriously, there are some very interesting measurements
      of after ring of tone bursts shown on this site.
      In a sensible world, everyone would be looking
      into this!
      REG

      --- In regsaudioforum@yahoogroups.com, Tom Mallin <tmallin4@...> wrote:

      > Yes, many years ago when such a product was marketed in the US by a speaker company named Watkins, I tried a homemade version. At the time I quickly concluded that while it had a positive effect, putting the Sonex on the walls further from the speakers was much more effective. You need more Sonex for wall treatment, though.
      >

      > On Jun 11, 2012, at 4:55 AM, ymm <yipmangmeng@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hi HM,
      > >
      > > I mean around the speaker ,sides and back, like using 3 thick Sonex sheets.
      > >
      > > BR
      > > Yip

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic