38579RE: For TM

  • jpaia@ymail.com
    Jun 12, 2012
      http://www.avguide.com/blog/the-show-newport-paul-seydor-analog-and-vinyl?page=1

      Best sound—cost no object:

      "No one system did it all, so here are four that stood out (in the order in which I heard them): (1) Roger Sanders Model 10 Hybrid electrostatic ($13k/pr)—closest to absolute neutrality, coherence, and freedom from coloration; (2) The Lotus Group G2 speaker, a three way open baffle dynamic dipole ($75k, price includes DSP crossover, bass amplification, and professional calibration in the home)—one of the very rare "big sounding" speakers that was not at the same time overwhelming—it could scale up or down yet remain true to the music and was always inviting and involving (see my report); (3) Gradient Revolution Active System with SW-D towers ($19k)—as heard in SimpliFi Audio's suite, quite the best, the truest reproduction of an orchestra I experienced at the show, with some of the most accurate bass reproduction I've heard anywhere; (4) Sony AR-2 ($20k/pr), slightly smaller model of the superlative AR-1—best all-around single enclosure speaker, beautifully natural, poised, refined yet dynamic and lifelike (I had to tear myself from the room)."
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic