38561Re: [regsaudioforum] Re: U shaped foam frame around speakers

    Jun 11, 2012
      Yes, many years ago when such a product was marketed in the US by a speaker company named Watkins, I tried a homemade version.  At the time I quickly concluded that while it had a positive effect, putting the Sonex on the walls further from the speakers was much more effective.  You need more Sonex for wall treatment, though.

      On Jun 11, 2012, at 4:55 AM, ymm <yipmangmeng@...> wrote:

      Hi HM,

      I mean around the speaker ,sides and back,  like using 3 thick Sonex sheets.

      BR
      Yip

      From: HM <hmartinburm@...>
      To: regsaudioforum@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, 11 June 2012, 17:44
      Subject: [regsaudioforum] Re: U shaped foam frame around speakers

      Hi Yip
      Do you mean cabinet panels or the front baffle area around the tweeter and midrange?
      I remember speakers from the later 1970ies with thick foam covering the front. The sound must travel through much foam to the side and through little foam towards the listener.
      The BBC LS3/5a had thick felt pads around the tweeter.
      BR HM

      > Has anyone tried out using a thick U shaped foam frame around each speaker to eliminate
      > the side reflections?
      >
      > Yip

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic