Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

38559Re: U shaped foam frame around speakers

Expand Messages
  • HM
    Jun 11, 2012
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi Yip
      Do you mean cabinet panels or the front baffle area around the tweeter and midrange?
      I remember speakers from the later 1970ies with thick foam covering the front. The sound must travel through much foam to the side and through little foam towards the listener.
      The BBC LS3/5a had thick felt pads around the tweeter.
      BR HM

      > Has anyone tried out using a thick U shaped foam frame around each speaker to eliminate
      > the side reflections?
      > Yip
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic