New to the area

  • familyrootedinlove
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2008
      Just wanted to take a second and say 'thanks' for letting us join
      and introduce our family.

      We just moved up here from Beaufort, SC...

      We have Isabella (hearing) 1 and 1/2 years old and Ayannah (hearing)
      4 and 1/2 years old.

      We are in the process of adopting(internationally) 2 boys that are
      both deaf and are approx 5 and 7 years old.

      We hope to have the boys home before Christmas and want to be as
      educated and prepared as possible for homeschooling.

      The girls all sign and I teach/Interpret on the side, part-time. I
      was actually truly introduced to the idea of homeschooling from a
      group of homeschoolers I taught American Sign Language to. It seems
      like it will be the perfect fit for our family. I am looking forward
      to the rewards and challenges of it all!

      Ashley is my husband and is learning to sign but a little behind us
      from deployments and everything (he is a combat engineer checking
      into 2nd CEB this week.)

      I look forward to meeting you all!

      Jillian
      www.familyrootedinlove.blogspot.com