Re: [regenrx] Re: 3A5 6 meter transceiver

  • Hue Miller
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 4, 2008
      From: "ewcheeguan" <tru168@...>
      Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 6:11 AM
      Subject: [regenrx] Re: 3A5 6 meter transceiver

      Hi all,
      I can read quite a bit japanese language....here's the
      link about the 3A5 transceiver:

      http://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~jh2clv/wlmic&trcv.htm

      http://radiokobo.sakura.ne.jp/G/circuits/TRX/3A5-50-1.html

      http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~hp6y-isym/3A5TC.htm

      regards,
      9w2ecg
      www.myjunkpage.com

      Well, the first two are the same basic design that has been
      around since the 1930s, but they will only talk to another
      superregen transceiver, due to transmitter instability. The
      third link solves this with crystal controlled transmit, so can
      be used in communication with modern AM equipment. I think
      it's quite a clever circuit and i am thinking about how to
      implement it into some old-ancient equipment i have. The
      problem of course is finding 3rd overtone crystals for 10 or
      6 meter hambands. For CB there are still lots of crystals around.

      I note that in this third link's circuit, the transmit gridleak 22k
      resistor when the set is not transmitting, only receiving, draws
      an unnecessary additional 3 mA from the 63 volt battery stack.
      Looking at the circuit, where the "T" letter is at the top of the 22k
      resistor, i would put a capacitor of a couple hundred pF just to
      the left of this junction, going to the crystal and T/R switch, so
      there's no DC path to ground for the B+ thru this path.
      -Hue Miller K7HUE / Newport, Oregon USA
    • Theosleaper
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 4, 2008
        The Lafayette HE-35 6 meter Transceiver, early 1960's, $60.00 new, used 3rd
        overtone crystals if this info is useful to anyone.
        I think there was another company (Allied?) that made a Lincoln something,
        that was the same thing?
        My homebrew 6M modulated (ahhemm) oscillator walkie talkie, with a little 9
        volt battery, worked ok with those crystals too.
        Used a Super Regen tunable Rcvr. All transistors.
        Rick, K1WYH
      • CH'NG GS
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 5, 2008
          Hi Ew,
          Long time no see, I just realize you in this groups.. Nice to meet you here..

          GS CH'NG,

          To: regenrx@yahoogroups.comFrom: tru168@...: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 13:11:07 +0000Subject: [regenrx] Re: 3A5 6 meter transceiver

          Hi all,I can read quite a bit japanese language....here's the link about the3A5 transceiver:http://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~jh2clv/wlmic&trcv.htmhttp://radiokobo.sakura.ne.jp/G/circuits/TRX/3A5-50-1.htmlhttp://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~hp6y-isym/3A5TC.htmlook at those masterpiece! I remember there are original scan file from 1960 magazine withphotos , but I can't find it now .regards,9w2ecgwww.myjunkpage.com

        • ewcheeguan
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 19, 2009
            Hi Ch'NG,

            Yeah, long time no see, ;-)