Re: WBR Receiver File Update

  • kyoritsu
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 1, 2007
      --- In regenrx@yahoogroups.com, "vicker40" <vicker40@...> wrote:

      > Larry,
      >
      > Too funny! As a kid I listened to WWV for hours on end. I suspect
      > there's some unpronounceable name for this syndrome :o)

      WWV was good, but I preferred CHU, especially after they went
      bilingual. They had a nice QSL card too.

      One New Year's Eve I spent racing back and forth between CHU and WWV,
      certain there would be some special announcement at midnight. Not a
      crazy, drunken 'Happy New Year' (which of course would have been
      great) but at least some mention of the start of the new year. Just
      another childhood dream crushed.

      I miss CHU and have never heard it here in Japan. But I do get the
      Chinese equivalent of WWV and it's fun to hear it fight it out with
      WWVH and WWV.

      Rob
    • wd4nka
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 1, 2007
        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 2, 2007
          Colorado?? I remember listening to WWV when they were in Greenville NC.
          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 2, 2007
            WILLIAM STEFFEL wrote:
            > Colorado?? I remember listening to WWV when they were in Greenville NC.

            Hehe, its amazing how the memory works :)

            -ex
          • Larry Beaty
            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 2, 2007
              When did WWV move to Colorado? Maybe I heard them in Greenville also.

              Larry

              > Colorado?? I remember listening to WWV when they were in Greenville NC.

              Hehe, its amazing how the memory works :)

              -ex

            • Dan Ferguson
              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 2, 2007
                WWV was in Greenbelt, MD, but never to my knowledge anywhere in NC.

                df

                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 2, 2007
                  In a message dated 9/2/2007 9:55:15 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
                  hlbeaty@... writes:

                  When did WWV move to Colorado? Maybe I heard them in Greenville also.

                  Larry

                  Uhh, guys... WWV was never in Greenville, NC. It was located in Beltsville
                  (Greenbelt), MD until its move to Fort Collins, CO in 1966.

                  _http://tf.nist.gov/stations/wwvhistory.htm_

                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 2, 2007
                    I did some checking. The 1966 WRTH shows WWV in Greenbelt, MD. The 1967 editions shows Colorado.

                    df

                    When did WWV move to Colorado? Maybe I heard them in Greenville also.

                    Larry

                    > Colorado?? I remember listening to WWV when they were in Greenville NC.

                    Hehe, its amazing how the memory works :)

                    -ex

                  • WILLIAM STEFFEL
                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 3, 2007
                      In the 60's I'm pretty sure I used to hear them from Greenville.

                        Message 11 of 21 , Sep 3, 2007
                          In a message dated 9/3/2007 12:47:52 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
                          w.steffel@... writes:

                          Greenbelt?, Damn, maybe I am finally getting the flashbacks they promised
                          me.

                          Let's see how bad your flashbacks really are. Do you remember the original
                          top-of-the-hour voice tag? Fill in the next line ---

                          'This is Radio Station WWV...'

                        • WILLIAM STEFFEL