Re: Diversity Reception. (Ref Des).

  • John Berry.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2007
      Hi Des/All.Well as stated in the original artical the Hallicrafters DD-
      1 always seemed to work best on the lower wavebands,especially Medium
      Waves where antennas a few FEET apart would give AMAZING results,you
      would NEVER believe it untill you saw the TWO "S" meters,One say
      fluttering around the "S"5 mark,the other Rock solid on say "S"9+,or
      BOTH going up/down with QSB while the Main meter and the audio were a
      solid copy !!.The AR88 system was different,never really studied
      this,BUT it appeared to be the AGC lines were brought out to the rear
      of the chassis and both sets linked through this ??.In theory you
      could tune the sets to DIFFERENT Stations carrying the same
      program ??,but might get delay prob's !!.On Short waves possibly the
      Antenna is the thing to look into,recall a popular type was a Full
      Wave Horizontal Top fed in the center by the top leg of a vertical
      Half Wave Dipole,both cut to freq' of course.John G1WOS.
    • Des
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2007
        Hi John and everyone on the list,

        The updated (solid state) diversity adapter is looking more attractive
        all the time.

        John (G1WOS) wrote:
        Medium Waves where antennas a few FEET apart would give AMAZING
        results.....

        This is very encouraging, I enjoy listening to the MW BC band at
        night, it would be nice to reduce some of the fading.

        I dont supose diversity reception would do much for selective fading
        but thats another issue.

        73,s to all on the list.

        Des (M0AYF)