Re: [regenrx] Re: low voltage hybrid system

  • Bill Cromwell
    Message 1 of 41 , Apr 28, 2013
      On Sun, 2013-04-28 at 09:56 -1000, Leonard Meek wrote:

      > I'm sure that many old TV techs have been zapped by KV's and survived.
      > think it's safe to say that none of us here have been killed by HV.
      > We've
      > all learned safety procedures over the years and we do them without
      > really
      > thinking about them. The young guys have to learn the way we did, but
      > they
      > won't if they're never exposed to the same conditions we were.
      >
      > Leonard

      Hi Leonard,

      It's really safe to say that none of us have been killed by HV. Would
      any of you who have been killed by HV please speak up.

      I rest my case.

      73,

      Bill KU8H
    • krysatec
      Message 41 of 41 , Apr 29, 2013
        Hi,

        I think that low voltage tube recievers :

        1/ are interesting and use "new" constructions because circuit is other than HV tube receivers or transistor/IC receivers

        2/ because we need not "new tubes", we have many and many old tubes (often "unused") for tests (in Czech republic)

        3/ because it is also a way for children: no danger voltage! and here is BIG problem destroy tube if you use only low anode voltage

        4/ because you can use "test board" too - for instance here:

        http://krysatec.benghi.org/phprs/images/201304250837_synchrodyn33.jpg

        (here is not problem with tubes and low voltage, but big problem with JFET, MOSFET...)

        Best regards, Jara "Rat"