Re: [regenrx] Re: low voltage hybrid system

  • Leonard Meek
    Message 1 of 41 , Apr 28, 2013
      Yeah Bill, I was just gonna say that.

      One of the worst things to do is assume someone has turned off the power for
      you. I was working on a gun director once and had assumed that the power was
      off. I quickly learned otherwise when I cut through a 440V cable. The
      lighting systems in most modern buildings is 277V. I got zapped on the head
      once by a live cable dangling from the ceiling. I....What was I saying?

      Leonard

      Message 41 of 41 , Apr 29, 2013
        Hi,

        I think that low voltage tube recievers :

        1/ are interesting and use "new" constructions because circuit is other than HV tube receivers or transistor/IC receivers

        2/ because we need not "new tubes", we have many and many old tubes (often "unused") for tests (in Czech republic)

        3/ because it is also a way for children: no danger voltage! and here is BIG problem destroy tube if you use only low anode voltage

        4/ because you can use "test board" too - for instance here:

        http://krysatec.benghi.org/phprs/images/201304250837_synchrodyn33.jpg

        (here is not problem with tubes and low voltage, but big problem with JFET, MOSFET...)

        Best regards, Jara "Rat"