Re: [regenrx] Re: low voltage hybrid system

  • Leonard Meek
    Message 1 of 41 , Apr 28, 2013
      I'm sure that many old TV techs have been zapped by KV's and survived. I
      think it's safe to say that none of us here have been killed by HV. We've
      all learned safety procedures over the years and we do them without really
      thinking about them. The young guys have to learn the way we did, but they
      won't if they're never exposed to the same conditions we were.

      Leonard

      Message 41 of 41 , Apr 29, 2013
        Hi,

        I think that low voltage tube recievers :

        1/ are interesting and use "new" constructions because circuit is other than HV tube receivers or transistor/IC receivers

        2/ because we need not "new tubes", we have many and many old tubes (often "unused") for tests (in Czech republic)

        3/ because it is also a way for children: no danger voltage! and here is BIG problem destroy tube if you use only low anode voltage

        4/ because you can use "test board" too - for instance here:

        http://krysatec.benghi.org/phprs/images/201304250837_synchrodyn33.jpg

        (here is not problem with tubes and low voltage, but big problem with JFET, MOSFET...)

        Best regards, Jara "Rat"