Re: [regenrx] Recycling a signal generator

  • Bill Cromwell
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1 4:23 AM
      On Thu, 2013-02-28 at 22:47 -1000, Leonard Meek wrote:

      > Hue, that sounds like a description of my Monarch signal generator.
      > Don't
      > remember where I got it, but it works. I don't use it because I don't
      > have
      > the log book that goes with it. It has nearly ended up as a regen
      > several
      > times.
      >
      > Leonard

      Hi Leonard,

      Use a frequency counter, heterodyne frequency meter, pile of xtals, a
      receiver with good calibration or whatever else and make your own tuning
      chart for that signal generator. The same as you would for most regens.
      The same as I have done for the RAK-7 and the SW-3. If you can only get
      a few checkpoints you can build your tuning chart using interpolation
      and extrapolation. It will be good enough for amateur radio work,
      especially if you have something like a 100 kc marker.

      73,

      Bill KU8H

      Proud owner of the 40 meter band
    • Leonard Meek
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1 9:46 AM
        Bill, that's what I do with my HP606 and a freq counter. I can also get a
        good indication with my R-390A. But I think it would be a good idea to set
        up a permanent SG/Counter on the bench just for the purpose of acurately
        marking freqs on my regens, and others. I thought of doing that with my LM
        but it takes more space (with its power supply) than my Monarch. I have
        several other projects on the bench right now, in cluding a lunch box size
        o'scope, my computer, and several regens. And complicating all this is a
        list of "honey do" projects.

        Leonard

        > On Thu, 2013-02-28 at 22:47 -1000, Leonard Meek wrote:
        >>
        >> Hue, that sounds like a description of my Monarch signal generator.
        >> Don't
        >> remember where I got it, but it works. I don't use it because I don't
        >> have
        >> the log book that goes with it. It has nearly ended up as a regen
        >> several
        >> times.
        >>
        >> Leonard
        >

        > Hi Leonard,
        >
        > Use a frequency counter, heterodyne frequency meter, pile of xtals, a
        > receiver with good calibration or whatever else and make your own tuning
        > chart for that signal generator. The same as you would for most regens.
        > The same as I have done for the RAK-7 and the SW-3. If you can only get
        > a few checkpoints you can build your tuning chart using interpolation
        > and extrapolation. It will be good enough for amateur radio work,
        > especially if you have something like a 100 kc marker.
        >
        > 73,
        >
        > Bill KU8H
        >
        > Proud owner of the 40 meter band
        >

        > ------------------------------------
        >
        > "In the interest of Regenerating radio's lost art of Regeneration"Yahoo!
        > Groups Links

      • Bill Cromwell
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1 12:27 PM
          On Fri, 2013-03-01 at 07:46 -1000, Leonard Meek wrote:

          > Bill, that's what I do with my HP606 and a freq counter. I can also
          > get a
          > good indication with my R-390A. But I think it would be a good idea to
          > set
          > up a permanent SG/Counter on the bench just for the purpose of
          > acurately
          > marking freqs on my regens, and others. I thought of doing that with
          > my LM
          > but it takes more space (with its power supply) than my Monarch. I
          > have
          > several other projects on the bench right now, in cluding a lunch box
          > size
          > o'scope, my computer, and several regens. And complicating all this is
          > list of "honey do" projects.
          >
          > Leonard

          Hi Leonard,

          So many projects..so little time.

          73,

          Bill KU8H

          Proud owner of the 40 meter band
        • Michael
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 1 12:37 PM
            Hi Leonard,
            So many projects..so little time.
            73,

            Bill KU8H

            Proud owner of the 40 meter band

            Bill, is this an invite to meet at High Noon???

            Michael :-)