Re: Best book to understand and build regeneratives

  • kyoritsu
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 1, 2012
      If you 're interested in tube designs, look at Lindsay's 'How to build the Twinplex', and his 'How to Build Your First Vacuum Tube Regenerative Receiver'. Good blend of theory and practice.

      Gary Johanson's '1948 Era Regenerative Receiver' has an excellent introduction and building notes:

      http://www.qsl.net/wd4nka/TEXTS/1948Rf.HTM

      Also take a look Dave Schmarder's design notes for regens:

      http://makearadio.com/misc-stuff/regennotes.php

      Rob

      --- In regenrx@yahoogroups.com, "Sergio" <s.chermont@...> wrote:

      > Hi fellows
      >
      > What the best book to be in touch with regens?
      >
      > I saw some about mounting radios in Amazon.
      > (no one only about regens)
      >
      > 1)Simple transistor radios you can build- From crystal sets to
      > superhet - R,H.Warring
      >
      > 2)The new radio receiver building handbook -Lyle Russel Williams
      >
      > 3)How to build your radio receiver - Kendall Banning
      >
      > 4)Radio Receiver projects you can build - Homer L. Davidson
      >
      > Please if someone knows a book about regens, please tell us!
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > Sergio

    • Sergio Chermont
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 1, 2012
        Hi Barney

        Thanks a lot by your suggestions!
        Actually I want to begin with more simple projects, and after, developing
        for more complex!
        Yes I will search on the information that you send me!

        Cheers
        Sergio

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 1, 2012
          Hi qrp.gaijin

          Thanks for your information, it will enrich my search about regens!
          I will print the message 14287!

          Cheers
          Sergio

          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 1, 2012
            Hi Rob

            I think that I will build first a tube design to "feel" the development of
            the regen, come back tho that
            time it was discovered!
            After, I will like to mount a transistor set, to use the more modern
            components.

            I don´t know if I will be covered by shame, but I ordered a regen from MFJ
            - the 8100 !!!!!!

            I´m a little intimidated by all of you , experts in electronics and regens,
            but I feel that you
            will be patient with a beginner on that matter!
            I have many receivers, ZTO Royal 7000,Panasonic RF2200, Grundig Sattellit
            750, Tecsun PL 660,
            and in the past I had Hallicrafters and Hammarlunds!!
            But I love too galenas, and latelly fall in love by regens!!!!

            Thanks a lot Rob

            Cheers
            Sergio

            Enviada em: sábado, 1 de dezembro de 2012 06:20
            Para: regenrx@yahoogroups.com

            <s.chermont@...> wrote:

            > Hi fellows
            >
            > What the best book to be in touch with regens?
            >
            > I saw some about mounting radios in Amazon.
            > (no one only about regens)
            >
            > 1)Simple transistor radios you can build- From crystal sets to
            > superhet - R,H.Warring
            >
            > 2)The new radio receiver building handbook -Lyle Russel Williams
            >
            > 3)How to build your radio receiver - Kendall Banning
            >
            > 4)Radio Receiver projects you can build - Homer L. Davidson
            >
            > Please if someone knows a book about regens, please tell us!
            >
            > Cheers
            >
            > Sergio

          • Bill Cromwell
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 1, 2012
              On Sat, 2012-12-01 at 09:21 -0200, Sergio Chermont wrote:
              ---snip---

              > I don´t know if I will be covered by shame, but I ordered a regen from
              > MFJ
              > - the 8100 !!!!!!

              ---snip---

              > Cheers
              > Sergio

              Hi Sergio,

              The real shame would be an interest in regens and sitting back doing
              nothing at all!

              Good luck with your projects.

              73,

              Bill KU8H
            • Sergio Chermont
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 1, 2012
                Hi Barney

                I went to the lindsaybks, and ordered all the six vol of
                "Umpoverished Radio Experimenters"!!
                I think that they will be many hours of pleasure!
                Cheers
                Sergio

                Enviada em: sábado, 1 de dezembro de 2012 01:25
                Para: regenrx@yahoogroups.com

                Hi Sergio;

                The impoverished radio experimenters series of books are good, if you want
                simple projects, but on an afterthought, some of those aren't real simple.

                http://www.lindsaybks.com/prod/sub/radio.html

                Below are the ones that are still in stock...Jones receiver hand book is a
                good one. Also the 1935 shortwave manual

                http://www.lindsaybks.com/prod/allbks.html

                He is retiring and is closing by Feb 28th. After reading some more on his
                web site, he may close earlier.

                73

                Barney

                On 11/30/2012 2:13 PM, Sergio wrote:

                > Hi fellows
                >
                > What the best book to be in touch with regens?
              • Dave McGuire
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 1, 2012
                  It's heartbreaking to hear that Lindsay's is shutting down. I've
                  gotten many great books from him in the past. I guess I'll be placing a
                  big order after my next paycheck!

                  -Dave

                  --
                  Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                  New Kensington, PA
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 1, 2012
                    Thanks Bill
                    You made my day!!!
                    Cheers
                    Sergio

                    Enviada em: sábado, 1 de dezembro de 2012 11:00
                    Para: regenrx@yahoogroups.com

                    On Sat, 2012-12-01 at 09:21 -0200, Sergio Chermont wrote:
                    ---snip---

                    > I don´t know if I will be covered by shame, but I ordered a regen from
                    > MFJ
                    > - the 8100 !!!!!!

                    ---snip---

                    > Cheers
                    > Sergio

                    Hi Sergio,

                    The real shame would be an interest in regens and sitting back doing
                    nothing at all!

                    Good luck with your projects.

                    73,

                    Bill KU8H

                  • Barney
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 1, 2012
                      I found one of the references tothe RCA radio course here, and there is
                      actually 2, one froma later date.

                      http://mikeyancey.com/RCA_Radio_Course_1930.php

                      73
                      Barney

                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 1, 2012
                        Its impressive the treasure of informations in a course of past time...
                        Even techniques of soldering with all details...
                        Well I think that the course will be useful even in present days!

                        Cheers

                        Sergio

                        Enviada em: sábado, 1 de dezembro de 2012 20:33
                        Para: regenrx@yahoogroups.com
                        Assunto: Re: RES: [regenrx] Re: Best book to understand and build
                        regeneratives