Dental pain and anxiety

  • Melissa
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2012
      Hello All,

      I am brand new, and have a question. I have a close relative who is extremely anxious about going to the dentist, and is experiencing some twinges in the gum area. What do you recommend for dealing with both the physical and emotional discomforts?

      Many thanks,
      Melissa
    • ConnieHubley
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 14 4:27 PM
        Dear Melissa,
        Of course, reflex the head and teeth reflexes. Also, try googling 'oil pulling' - an ayurvedic practice
        for dental hygiene. It is a simple and effective practice! I have been doing this cocoanut oil and a drop of
        oregano oil for about two months-my dental hygienest wanted to know what I have been doing differently
        since my gums looked so much healthier!
        Best,

        Connie Hubley
        AAEd, NBCR,NCTMB
        www.reflexionsetcschoolofreflexology.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 18 9:29 PM
          Greetings,
          Clove oil is great.  It's been used for years.
          I worked on dental patients while they were in the chair getting work done.  it was amazing!  Less medication to none was used and healing was faster.  The patients loved it too.
          But the best experience I've had was when I got to work on my own 11 year old son.  He was having the metal removed in his mouth and didn't want needles in his gums. So I worked on him for over an hour and he never flinched or cried.  Both the dentist and I were surprised.  And a child won't usually hide their emotions!

          Tess
          Santa Fe, NM