Re: Skimmer

  • blstravler
    Message 1 of 1109 , Nov 7, 2001
      I will just give you my experience with the red
      sea skimmer. About three years ago I had a Red Sea on
      a 120 Gal. It worked for a while, about one year,
      then over time it slowed and slowed production,
      thinking to my self, wow I must realy have a clean tank.
      Then I started having problems and I thought to
      myself, what could be wrong. Then I guy who owns my local
      aquarium speacilty store, who is now a good friend, told
      me my skimmer was a POS. I didn't believe him at
      first but he was right. I purchased a DAS skimmer and
      life has been grand ever since (I didn't even buy it
      from him). I now have a 180 gal fully automated reef
      and have no problems. As some advice from some one
      who used to use that skimmer, buy a different one and
      put that one on Ebay.<br>If you want I can send you
      picks of my set up for proof of my
      advice.<br><br>Blstravler.
    • bubblez502
      Message 1109 of 1109 , Sep 4, 2002
        deffanitly get the prizem skimmer. I have one and it works great. But
        one thing if you do decide to get it, when you put it on the second
        nosil, just put it on the tip. If you put it one all the way, the
        collection chamber will fill up with water in like 10 minuts. Hop i
        was helpful! Kelly