Re: Native life & Commercial life Q

  • biomekanic
    Message 1 of 1109 , Jul 2 2:16 PM
      Hi all! Glad to be here, delurking and here's my
      $.05 (adjusted for inflation).<br>I'm with scd112 on
      this one. You will cook your native critters in a
      tropical setup, probably after a few weeks. On the topic
      of octopuses, keep in mind that you can't have fish
      in with them, unless you're looking for feeders for
      it. Octopuses also have short lifespans, even the
      giant's from the Puget Sound only live a few years.
      They're the living embodyment of the "the candle that
      burns twice as bright burns half as long". Your eight
      legged friend will live at most a year, and they're
      master escape artists. If you do got the ceph route,
      please for the love of god stay away from Blue Rings,
      they kill people.<br>Seahorses, are now available from
      commercial breeders, bred seahorses can be fed prepared
      foods, wild caught ones starve unless you feed them live
      food all the time. Seahorses eat tremendous amounts
      for their size, but can be kept if you're
      diligent.<br>Anenome fishes don't have to be kept with a host anenome,
      and not just any anenome will do either. Atlantic
      ones thing clownfishes are just as tasty as any other
      fish. There are other hosts available: sarcophyton
      corals work very well and thrive under clownfish care
      (check out www.garf.org), or you can even make a fake
      anenome out of rubber bands! check out
      www.wetwebmedia.com for more info. Hope this helps!<br>Mike
    • bubblez502
      Message 1109 of 1109 , Sep 4, 2002
        deffanitly get the prizem skimmer. I have one and it works great. But
        one thing if you do decide to get it, when you put it on the second
        nosil, just put it on the tip. If you put it one all the way, the
        collection chamber will fill up with water in like 10 minuts. Hop i
        was helpful! Kelly