Aquarium Safe Silicone

  • sp00n_2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2004
      I've tried locating information regarding GE Silicone I & II, I've
      read that it is toxic, and that it is not.. The reasons for it
      stating that it is not for aquarium usage is due to its tendancy to
      give under a 200+ gallon load (and a lawsuit filed a few years back)
      I'm unwilling however to risk my precious pets and plants before I've
      spoken with others who hopefully have used one of these products.

      So, any advice?
    • xxaquanutxx@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2004
        I had spoken with a rep from GE and he advises not using any GE silicon
        product for aquarium use...

        I since have been told by numerous people (who use silicon I & II) that the
        rep was just saving his but, and none of them have ever had any complaints. I
        just bought a tube of GE I myself.. I am going to let it cure for 48 hours
        before I fill the tank.. thanks!