Re: [Reeftank] Re: Skilter Filters

  • Lydia Anacta
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2003
      that's what i did. i also put an airstone in the skimmer
      tk write <gsxrdf@...> wrote:
      if you put a air stone in the center of the lift tube it will work good for a 10gal
      i wave one on a sea horse tank and it dose a good job

      "Sternn <cptst3rnn@...>" <cptst3rnn@...> wrote:--- In reeftank@yahoogroups.com, "Pete <SpankyStL@a...>"
      <SpankyStL@a...> wrote:
      > Happy New Years friends:
      >
      > Does anyone who owns a combo Skilter Filters (power filter and
      > skimmer in one) have any opinions on how well they work? I have
      > heard bad things from my LFS, he only said there were too many
      things
      > that can go wrong with them. But my small 10 gallon tank coupled
      > with a clip on lamp on the back lip makes it hard to place
      equipment
      > around the tank, and I'd really like to have a skimmer. The water
      > changes are more costly and I worry about the fluctuations in pH.
      >
      > I'd like quality, but then again, I watch my pennies.

      Yes they are cheap, and from personal experience I can tell you that
      I haven't found one yet that really preforms well. I have had two
      in the course of a smaller 30 gallon tank I have running and both
      were loud, messy, and just didn't work well. I'll have to dig em up
      if they are still in the closet to get the brands but both aside
      from being quite noisy never really skimmed a whole heck of alot of
      anything. I was forced to do constant water changes even with them
      on to keep my levels straight. I have heard the same accounts from
      a few other people but would love to find one that does work so I
      can use it on smaller tanks when I decide to get one going again.

      -S

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT