Re: get the latest on gov. plans

  • surfotter
    Message 1 of 67 , Oct 29, 2000
      Skunket- First of all thank you for starting a
      much needed and worthwhile club! I just sent my
      daughter an invite, and we will hopefully be on the
      Florida reefs this winter, again! I'm so glad I have the
      guts to dive into them, with the barracuda staring at
      me like their next meal and other perils lurking
      about, but the awesome beauty and peace I find is worth
      every second (and dollar)! We are hoping to have gained
      a much better understanding of the reef situation
      through this club before we go! Unfortunately, the first
      thing I see in the club is the very thing I go to the
      reefs to forget- human bickering, lack of insight and
      understanding, and some person, who is obviously misplaced from
      a sight where they could be learning why we should
      protect nature from human onslaught, rather than
      bothering people who already know why! Apparently this
      superhuman species, Homo Sapiens, has no understanding of
      where they come from, or, what the other ecosystems
      such as the reefs do to keep them alive! I suggest
      strongly that they are on a runaway train, and if you love
      reefs, etc., and are tired of fighting STUPIDITY, that
      you go and visit as much of this lovely world is left
      while you still can! Spare me, did he really say "what
      is the point......" , it makes me have to struggle
      to remain non-violent- ah the too young to
      understand excuse...no, you guys do! Oh, I'm soooooo
      embarassed to be human! Later
    • bettaboy37379
      Message 67 of 67 , Aug 26, 2001
        and havent you heard that the cure for cancer
        just might be in the coral or in the fish that live
        off the reef so if the reef goes their goes the cure
        for many problems. sorry i couldnt read any more with
        out saying my part bettboy37379