new member...with reef problems

  • mrs89baker
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13, 2002
      Hello, my name if Tina. I live in Oklahoma.

      I have been on other yahoo groups for quite awhile and it never
      occured to me until this morning to try and find one on reef/salt
      aquariums.

      My husband purchsed a beautiful new 80 gallon salt water aquarium for
      xmas in 2000. He bought it from a local salt water dealer. She has
      helped, but not to the extent I would like. I have had my share of
      problems as I am sure all people have.

      I have about 7 large pieces of beautiful rock. I have one clown
      fish, a gobie, and two pajama cardinals.

      My problem has been in the last four months. I have had these awful
      algae balls start to grown on my rock. First there was just a few
      and now there are lots. I wait til they are big enough to pull off,
      then I take them out. But it is so flusterating. I want to remove
      them all. I have purchase two of the green crabs. I heard they were
      good at removing them. But they have not even touched them.

      I would like to pull the rock and clean them in some way. I would
      appreciate any help on how to remove them or clean the rock or if
      there is something else to eliminate them. My water levels are all
      really well. Fish are healthy, water is clear.

      I am just really stumped on how to get rid of these algae balls.

      I look forward to your responses.

      Thanks again

      Tina Baker