This Fall's events

  • Greg Lam
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 8, 2001
      Greetings-

      Unless someone out there is burning to do an event, we think we're going
      to do two events this fall. This will be just so you can put it on your
      schedules:

      Candlepin Bowling
      Sunday, November 18, 12pm
      A unique New England tradition, candlepin bowling is also an awful lot of
      fun. Join us at Ryan Family Amusements, under the corner of Fenway Park,
      for more fun than you can roll a little round ball at. Billards tables,
      arcade games, and air hockey also available.
      82 Lansdowne Street

      Reed Potluck
      Friday, December 7, 7pm
      At the home of Luke Weisman ('96), 110 Boston Ave, Somerville, MA

      Anyway, a fuller description for these will be coming soon, as well as the
      usual mailings. Hope to see you there.

      -Greg

      --
      Greg's .sigku:

      Mail From Greg Lam
      He Writes A Correspondence
      Expects a Reply

      http://www.berkshire.net/~slam
    • Eve Lyons
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 9, 2001
        What, no Dunkin donuts invasions?
        I could propose a couple Denny's invasions, but they
        require more driving.

        Eve

        --- Greg Lam <slam@...> wrote:
        > Greetings-
        >
        > Unless someone out there is burning to do an event,
        > we think we're going
        > to do two events this fall. This will be just so
        > you can put it on your
        > schedules:
        >
        > Candlepin Bowling
        > Sunday, November 18, 12pm
        > A unique New England tradition, candlepin bowling is
        > also an awful lot of
        > fun. Join us at Ryan Family Amusements, under the
        > corner of Fenway Park,
        > for more fun than you can roll a little round ball
        > at. Billards tables,
        > arcade games, and air hockey also available.
        > 82 Lansdowne Street
        >
        > Reed Potluck
        > Friday, December 7, 7pm
        > At the home of Luke Weisman ('96), 110 Boston Ave,
        > Somerville, MA
        >
        > Anyway, a fuller description for these will be
        > coming soon, as well as the
        > usual mailings. Hope to see you there.
        >
        > -Greg
        >
        > --
        > Greg's .sigku:
        >
        > Mail From Greg Lam
        > He Writes A Correspondence
        >
        > Expects a Reply
        >
        > http://www.berkshire.net/~slam

        =====
        "This morning I woke up to an announcement on NPR that a group of physicists have discovered a "dark" energy that will eventually suck up all creation into oblivion. " (Ariana Kramer, in an email)

        "It emanates from Bush's head." (J.L., in response)

        http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1
      • Landy, Susan
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 9, 2001
          I have car, can pick people up.

          Susan Landy

          =====

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 9, 2001
            I figure we can use the email list when we want to do the Dunkin' Donuts
            invations again, or a Dennys invasion for that matter.

            -Greg

            My sites : www.reed.edu/~slam Greg at Play
            www.berkshire.net/~slam Greg at Work
            www.lanes.org New England Storytelling
            www.egroups.com/group/1000wordsaweek 1,000 Words a Week Writing Project
            www.reed.edu/~slam/alumni.html Reed College Alumni Boston

            "Stop and think about it: You have pictures. Pictures are great, adults
            like pictures, pictures hang in art galleries. And you have words, and
            words are wonderful things. You can get the Nobel Prize for Literature
            just by using words. Somehow, as soon as you put them together, you are
            perceived to be doing something that's either for children or for
            subliterates, and there's no reason for that."
            - Neil Gaiman, author of _Sandman_