Guess who's coming to potluck?

  • Greg Lam
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2000
      Greetings all.

      The second annual potluck is this Saturday, 8pm at Luke Weisman's and
      Kathy Reeve's house in Somerville. Email me if you want to RSVP. At
      least 40 people came last time. The house is walkable from the Red line
      and easily drivable. Here's the complete info. I hope to see y'all there.

      BTW, we have 8 people signed on for the ski trip in February, which is are
      stated limit. If we have a number more people who want to go, we may
      explore getting a room at a nearby inn/motel as well. If not, we'll just
      go with 8.

      -Greg

      "Allez Cuisine!"
      The 2nd Annual Potluck
      Hosted by Luke Weisman and Kathy Reeves '96
      At 110 Boston Ave., #2, Somerville, MA
      Saturday, December 9 at 8:00 pm

      "Tell me what you eat
      and I'll tell you who you are"
      -- Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
      "If memory serves me correctly, it's been one year since Reed Alumni
      gathered in Somerville to consume gourmet treats and socialize. Since
      then, the hosts have changed addresses to another house in Somerville and
      another year has passed. It is now time to return to Kitchen Stadium and
      feast once again...."
      Address: The address is 110 Boston Ave, #2 This is just off Broadway's
      Ball Square in Somerville. See www.mapquest.com for driving directions.
      MBTA Directions: Get out of the Davis Square T Stop, College Ave Exit.
      This is NOT the one on the same block as the Somerville Theater. You will
      be on College Ave, and the non-existant-buses-go-on-it-but-no-cars street.
      Go down this fake street. This street turns into a parking lot, and then
      it turns into the bike path. Ignore these changing surroundings and keep
      to the straight line of the original street. Follow the bike path. Cross
      Willow, and go until you get to a round brick circle with a basketball
      court on the right. Take a left and go down Highland street until you get
      to Boston Ave. Take a right, and I am on the right in two blocks. The
      entire walk takes 15-20 minutes.
      Alternatively, you can march down College to Powder House Square and then
      march down Broadway to Boston Ave. Take a right, and march down to the
      house. This is 5 minutes longer, about.
      Contact: The phone number is 617-PROBATE or 905-4103 (cell)
      RSVP: Please contact Greg Lam at slam@... or (617) 497-2189.
      Cost: Free

      To ensure a good selection of foodstuffs, here's our request on what to
      bring:
      If you graduated in a year that ended in "0" or "1", bring a drink
      or a snack
      If you graduated in a year that ended in "2" or "3", bring an
      appetizer or soup.
      If you graduated in a year that ended in "4", "5" or "6", bring a
      main dish.
      If you graduated in a year that ended in "7", "8" or "9", bring a
      dessert.
      If you didn't graduate, please substitute the words "left Reed for
      good" for "graduate"

      My sites : www.reed.edu/~slam Greg at Play
      www.berkshire.net/~slam Greg at Work
      www.lanes.org New England Storytelling
      www.egroups.com/group/1000wordsaweek 1,000 Words a Week Writing Project
      www.reed.edu/~slam/alumni.html Reed College Alumni Boston

      "Stop and think about it: You have pictures. Pictures are great, adults
      like pictures, pictures hang in art galleries. And you have words, and
      words are wonderful things. You can get the Nobel Prize for Literature
      just by using words. Somehow, as soon as you put them together, you are
      perceived to be doing something that's either for children or for
      subliterates, and there's no reason for that."
      - Neil Gaiman, author of _Sandman_
    • Miriam Moore
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 5, 2000
      • Miriam Moore
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 5, 2000
          Greg,

          I'm going to plan to come to the potluck, despite having 2 papers and 2
          finals that next week. But I'll do my best to be there as I'd really like
          to see & meet everyone.

          Thanks for all the hard work you do!

          Neil Gaiman is a brilliant writer!!

          Miriam