Reminder

  • Greg Lam
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2000
      Hello all-

      Just a reminder that due to Susan Landy's recent illness, she'll be unable
      to host a video night this Saturday. We all wish her well. If anyone
      else on this list would like to host a video night, then by all means be
      my guest and post to the email list. The video night was to be James Bond
      videos, but if you're hosting it, you certainly get to choose what to see.

      On Friday night, there's a storytelling series in Medford, MA with a
      feature performance by Sebastian Lockwood, a storyteller known for doing
      an hour and a half retelling of The Odyssey, among other classical
      tellings. If I find out if he's doing The Iliad or the Odyssey for sure
      I'll post to this list again. Here's a calendar listing for the series:

      Storytelling for Grown-Ups, hosted by Laura Packer, 2nd Fridays. 7pm open
      mic (10 minute slots), followed by a featured teller: Sept. 8 Sebastian
      Lockwood; Oct. 13 Laura Packer. Bestsellers Bookstore Caf, 24 High St.,
      Medford, MA. Info: (781) 391-7171; bookings: (781) 324-1758.

      -Greg

      My sites : www.reed.edu/~slam Greg at Play
      www.berkshire.net/~slam Greg at Work
      www.lanes.org New England Storytelling
      www.egroups.com/group/1000wordsaweek 1,000 Words a Week Writing Project
      www.reed.edu/~slam/alumni.html Reed College Alumni Boston

      "Stop and think about it: You have pictures. Pictures are great, adults
      like pictures, pictures hang in art galleries. And you have words, and
      words are wonderful things. You can get the Nobel Prize for Literature
      just by using words. Somehow, as soon as you put them together, you are
      perceived to be doing something that's either for children or for
      subliterates, and there's no reason for that."
      - Neil Gaiman, author of _Sandman_