Save the Date: August 20

  • Greg Lam
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2005
      We are planning our next event, a potluck at the
      Quincy House at Harvard University on Saturday, August
      20. More information will be forthcoming, but make
      sure you put that in your calendars.

      For those new to the area, some other cheap Boston
      things to do this summer:

      Everyone knows the 4th of July concert, but the day
      before they will have a rehearsal at the Hatch Shell
      which is much more pleasant to attend. Just no
      fireworks.

      There are free outdoor events nightly at the Boston
      Harbor Hotel. The one I like is the classic film
      series. Info here:
      http://www.bhh.com/PR_movies.cfm

      Getting tickets to a Red Sox game is pretty tricky
      these days, but going on a tour of Fenway is easy and
      no more than $12.
      http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/bos/ballpark/tour.jsp

      If you get down to Providence, check out Waterfire, a
      cool nighttime event where they set their river on
      fire. http://www.waterfire.com/

      That's all I have. Have fun this summer.

      -Greg