Summer events start this Thursday

  • stripeyg
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2004
      Time to post the events we have planned for this summer. You
      should have received a paper mailing by now. If not, let the
      alumni office know at alumni@....

      The first event is this Thursday, and is actually listed third. More
      information is here: http://www.reed.edu/~slam/alumni.html

      By the way, on that page I've started a bunch of links about
      Boston intended for recent graduates who are coming to town.
      Let me know if you have any links that should be added to the
      list.

      Lastly, I wanted to mention a cool free Boston thing. The Boston
      harbor hotel does a series of free events outdoors, including
      classic movies by moonlight on Fridays. It's a great atmosphere.

      http://www.bhh.com/movies.htm

      Summer Barbecue & Picnic
      Hosted by Jayne Loader, '73

      Saturday, August 14
      Starts at 4:00 pm
      At the Masters' Residence at Quincy House, Harvard University
      3 DeWolfe Street
      RSVP Greg Lam '96 at stripeyg@... or call (617) 451-
      5051

      All Reedies are invited to a twilight summer barbecue on the
      terrace of the Masters' Residence at Quincy House at Harvard
      University. Hosted by Jayne Loader '73, the Co-Master of Quincy
      House. BYO drinks, grillables, or picnic foods to the cookout.
      Come for the food, stay for the great sunset view.

      The closest T-stop is Harvard Square, on the Red Line. Walk
      down Mt. Auburn Street until you reach DeWolfe
      Street and turn right. Look for the crimson door at #3 DeWolfe
      marked "Masters' Private Residence". Ring the bell and
      someone will buzz you in. Walk down the stairs to the elevator
      lobby and push P--for party! (Driving is not recommended, as
      there is no set aside parking spaces. Please contact me if you
      have special needs.)

      For more information about how to get to Quincy House, see
      http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~quincy/directions.htm

      Tour of Fenway Park
      Hosted by Alan Park, '98

      Saturday, August 21
      Meet at 11:30 am in front of The Souvenir Store (19 Yawkey Way).
      Tour begins at 12:00 noon.
      RSVP Alan Park at alanpark10@... or (617) 216-9079
      Tickets are $10 for adults, $9 for seniors and $8 for children 14
      and younger. All areas are subject to availability.

      Tickets to the games are hard to come by this year,
      but this tour takes you from the field to the press
      box and everywhere in between. See the old ballpark
      on this guided tour, and learn about the history of
      the team and the park.

      The return of the...
      Amazing Dunkin' Donuts Invasion
      Hosted by Eve Lyons, '95

      Contact evelyons@... for more information

      Date - July 15th (Thursday) 6 PM
      Place - Dunkin©ˆ Donuts in Harvard Sq (Eliot St)

      Date 2 - September 9th (Thursday) at 6 PM
      Place 2 - Dunkin©ˆ Donuts in Porter Sq

      Once again, we will invade the poor, unsuspecting
      Dunkin' Donuts franchises of the Boston area for an
      evening of informal socializing and high cholesterol
      snacking.