Party @ Tiffer's

  • Greg Lam
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2004
      Reedie Chris Tarnstrom, who has hosted the past few alumni potlucks,
      wanted me to pass this along to the list.

      -Greg

      Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 02:25:55 +0000
      From: Chris Tarnstrom <chris_tarnstrom@...>
      To: slam@...
      Subject: RE: Reed Alumni Boston: Skiing this weekend

      Hi Greg -
      You mentioned sending out an email to some (or all) of the alumni group for
      this party - whatever you want to do - there were some cool people at the
      last event that I don't have any contact infor for and I'd want to be in
      touch with them. You are encouraged to show up yourself as well. Below is
      the info.
      Thanks,
      - Tiffer

      --------------------------------------
      I will be moving out of Boston back to Western Mass., so I'm moving out of
      Boston. Given the occasion, I might as well use this great gathering room
      in this appartment building for one thing I do love - a Party! - Food, wine,
      beer, yourselves, and all that can be wrought by such a combination...

      Saturday, March 6th is the date, come in the afternoon if you want to help
      prepare dinner. 7pm is the time for diving into the food, and any time later
      in the evening will just continue on as a party the likes of which only
      hindsight will reveal.
      --------------------------------------
      Some parking is available in the building, otherwise parking on Mass Ave or
      Boylston is recommended. Call if you hope to get a space in the building -
      (617) 256-6783.

      For a map go to:
      http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=250&addtohistory=&address=12+Stoneholm&city=Boston&state=MA&zipcode=&submit=Get+Map

      Directions to 12 Stoneholm (once you get them go up to the 6th floor):

      >From the Green Line
      Get off on Mass Ave/Hynes exit. Outside take a left on Mass Ave and cross
      the street. Cross Boylston street and take the first right between the
      Starbucks and the Dunkin Donuts. Take the first left onto Edgerly and the
      first right onto Stoneholm. The building is directly ahead of you.

      >From the Orange Line
      Get off at Mass Ave and take a left towards Huntington Ave / Symphony Hall
      (I think this is a left - if you hit Columbus you are heading the wrong
      way). Walk past Symphony Hall and branch Left towards the Bread & Circus
      (a.k.a. Whole Foods). Take a right on Edgerly and take the 3rd left onto
      Stoneholme. The building is directly ahead of you.

      By Car - I recommend seeking a parking spot on Mass Ave or Boylston and
      walking on Mass Ave and see the note below as well). I have limited parking
      available - be in touch at (617) 256-6783). If you chose to drive to the
      building then you have the following approaches:

      >From Mass Ave coming from Boylston St./Newbury St/ Cambridge - Take a right
      when you reach the intersection before Symphony Hall. Take the next right
      onto Edgerly, take the second left (Norway) and then a right(Stoneholm).
      >From Storrow Drive - Get off on the Fenway exit, stay left and get onto
      Boylston, take a right on Mass Ave, and follow the above directions.
      >From Mass Ave coming from the South End/Roxbury - Symphony Hall is on your
      left fork to the left at the intersection (not a hard left) take the first
      right onto Edgerly, take the second left (Norway) and then a
      right(Stoneholm).

      Note for those parking on the street: If you walk towards Symphony Hall on
      Mass Ave, you'll take a right at the intersection by Symphony Hall, right
      again, 3rd left. If you walk towards Boylston St / Berklee College of Music
      on Mass Ave, take a left after the Dunkin Donuts, left and then right.
      Otherwise, make it to Mass Ave and follow the directions above.