[redlex] rtf export problem

  • Alan Ludwig
    Message 1 of 46 , Jan 15, 2007
      Dear Mellel community,

      When I try to export documents with footnotes to .rtf format, (a) the
      footnotes become endnotes. (b) The superscript reference numbers lose
      their "superscript-ness." This even happens with real superscripts,
      which turn to regular numerals. (c) The note numbers also lose their
      formatting. (d) The consecutive numbering of the notes turns to every-
      page numbering, and I have a set of endnotes with bizarre number
      sequences: 1-2-1-1-1-2-3-4-5-1-2-1-2-1-1 and so on, depending on how
      many notes are on a page..

      I have set all this up properly in the styles, but it still doesn't
      turn out right. I have also tried using different style sets, but it
      always ends up the same. It appears that something is overriding,
      ignoring, or canceling out the styles setup.

      Is this a universal phenomenon, or is there something wrong with my
      copy of Mellel or my setup?

      Thanks for any help anyone can give.

      Alan Ludwig
    • RedleX Mail
      Message 46 of 46 , Feb 7, 2007
        What I meant is that an undocumented RTF export, such as the one in NWE, is something we cannot control or compensate for problems in.

        Ori

        On 30 Jan 2007, at 21:32, Simeon Chavel wrote:

        What does "if written right" mean? And what does the footnote not being affected mean, that the body of the footnote comes through in tact? if that is what you meant, you may be right, but if I have to prepare a camera-ready MS, it's not enough. Inter-application incompatibility is becoming a real obstacle in my work. I have to spend way too much time formatting, un-formatting, then reformatting. - Simi

        On Jan 29, 2007, at 9:52 AM, RedleX Mail wrote:

        Dear Simi,

        That may happen. When importing RTF, we have but one way to treat multitude of means by which various RTF authors (applications) write it. We knowingly give precedence to the way MS Word does this. I don't think that if written right the NWE footnotes should be affected.

        Ori