Mellel spotlight 1.6.5

  • Manfred Kropp
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 2 10:14 PM
      what is the latest importer for Mellel and spotlight. 1.6.5 (6. sept. 2006)?
      I does not work with my Mellel 2.1.2 an MacOS X 10.4.8
      Any suggestions?
      manfred

      >> Op 29-okt-2006, om 23:42 heeft Eyal Redler het volgende geschreven:
      >>
      >> > Hi All,
      >> >
      >> > I'm looking for people who have experienced the "no error" file
      >> > opening failure and are willing and able to do some extra testing
      >> and
      >> > help us resolve this.
      >> >
      >> > If you're willing, please send an email to support@...
      >> >
      >> > Please provide the following information:
      >> > 1. Type of Mac (Intel or PPC)
      >> > 2. Version of Mac OS X
      >> > 3. Results for the following tests and questions:
      >> > a. Does unchecking "Use compressed format" help
      >> > b. Does checking the "Use compressed format" again, brings the
      >> > problem back (to be on the safe side, close all documents, check the
      >> > "Use compressed format" checkbox and then save a new untitled
      >> > document. Close the document and try to open it again.
      >> > c. Is the condition different under another user account?
      >> >

      >> > Thanks in advance,
      >> >
      >> > Eyal Redler
      >> >

      >> Messages in this topic (16)Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic
      >> Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members |
      >> Calendar
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links
      >

      >Attachment converted: Daten:ma_grp_160.gif (GIFf/«IC») (00042416)
      >Attachment converted: Daten:Untitled 5 (TEXT/ttxt) (00042417)
      >Attachment converted: Daten:serv (GIFf/«IC») (00042418)
      >Attachment converted: Daten:Untitled 6 (TEXT/ttxt) (00042419)
    • Martin Stadtmüller
      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 2 10:57 PM
        There have been some discussions on this list and in the Mellel forum
        about this. As I’ve understood it, it’s mainly a reason of the old
        importer not being updated properly or spotlight needs to be
        triggered to re-index Mellel files. Solutions to both could be read
        in the forum:

        http://forum.redlers.com/viewtopic.php?t=559&highlight=spotlight

        and

        http://forum.redlers.com/viewtopic.php?t=648&highlight=spotlight

        hope this helps

        Mart°n

        Am 03.11.2006 um 07:14 schrieb Manfred Kropp:

        > what is the latest importer for Mellel and spotlight. 1.6.5 (6.
        > sept. 2006)?
        > I does not work with my Mellel 2.1.2 an MacOS X 10.4.8
        > Any suggestions?
        > manfred
        >

        >>> Op 29-okt-2006, om 23:42 heeft Eyal Redler het volgende geschreven:

        >>> and

        >>> Messages in this topic (16)Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic
        >>> Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members |
        >>> Calendar
        >>

        >> Yahoo! Groups Links
        >>

        >> Attachment converted: Daten:ma_grp_160.gif (GIFf/«IC») (00042416)
        >> Attachment converted: Daten:Untitled 5 (TEXT/ttxt) (00042417)
        >> Attachment converted: Daten:serv (GIFf/«IC») (00042418)
        >> Attachment converted: Daten:Untitled 6 (TEXT/ttxt) (00042419)
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Manfred Kropp
        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 3 7:04 AM
          You are right: the installer did not overwrite
          the old version of the plugin! throwing away the
          old one an re-installing 1.6.5 worked fine.
          Thanks for the hint
          Manfred

        • Eyal Redler
          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 4 1:17 PM
            Hi All,

            I don't know if the problem is that rare or that everybody assumed
            that someone else will volunteer but as of now, nobody contacted me.
            If you've experienced that problem, please contact us.

            Eyal

            On Oct 30, 2006, at 0:42, Eyal Redler wrote:

            > Hi All,
            >
            > I'm looking for people who have experienced the "no error" file
            > opening failure and are willing and able to do some extra testing and
            > help us resolve this.
            >
            > If you're willing, please send an email to support@...
            >
            > Please provide the following information:
            > 1. Type of Mac (Intel or PPC)
            > 2. Version of Mac OS X
            > 3. Results for the following tests and questions:
            > a. Does unchecking "Use compressed format" help
            > b. Does checking the "Use compressed format" again, brings the
            > problem back (to be on the safe side, close all documents, check the
            > "Use compressed format" checkbox and then save a new untitled
            > document. Close the document and try to open it again.
            > c. Is the condition different under another user account?
            >
            > Thanks in advance,
            >
            > Eyal Redler
            > ======================================
            > RedleX - Makers of Mellel
            > www.redlers.com
            > eyredler@...

          • Hans Martin Kraemer
            Message 5 of 25 , Nov 4 2:20 PM
              Eyal,

              I sent out an e-mail to you which came back with an error, so I resent
              it. Did you not get it the second time, either?

              Martin
              mk2@...
            • Eyal Redler
              Message 6 of 25 , Nov 4 2:43 PM
                Hi Hans,

                Maybe this is the reason I got so few responses. The email is indeed
                incorrect.

                The correct email is: support@...

                Thanks!

                On Nov 5, 2006, at 0:20, Hans Martin Kraemer wrote:

                > Eyal,
                >
                > I sent out an e-mail to you which came back with an error, so I resent
                > it. Did you not get it the second time, either?
                >
                > Martin
                > mk2@...

              • Rutie Adler
                Message 7 of 25 , Nov 5 8:40 AM
                  Hi Eyal

                  I did send email to support@mellel expressing my willingness to
                  volunteer; I'll do it again right away.
                  rutie

                  On Nov 4, 2006, at 1:17 PM, Eyal Redler wrote:

                  > Hi All,
                  >
                  > I don't know if the problem is that rare or that everybody assumed
                  > that someone else will volunteer but as of now, nobody contacted me.
                  > If you've experienced that problem, please contact us.
                  >
                  > Eyal
                  >
                  > On Oct 30, 2006, at 0:42, Eyal Redler wrote:
                  >
                  > > Hi All,
                  > >
                  > > I'm looking for people who have experienced the "no error" file
                  > > opening failure and are willing and able to do some extra testing
                  > and
                  > > help us resolve this.
                  > >
                  > > If you're willing, please send an email to support@...
                  > >
                  > > Please provide the following information:
                  > > 1. Type of Mac (Intel or PPC)
                  > > 2. Version of Mac OS X
                  > > 3. Results for the following tests and questions:
                  > > a. Does unchecking "Use compressed format" help
                  > > b. Does checking the "Use compressed format" again, brings the
                  > > problem back (to be on the safe side, close all documents, check the
                  > > "Use compressed format" checkbox and then save a new untitled
                  > > document. Close the document and try to open it again.
                  > > c. Is the condition different under another user account?
                  > >
                  > > Thanks in advance,
                  > >
                  > > Eyal Redler
                  > > ======================================
                  > > RedleX - Makers of Mellel
                  > > www.redlers.com
                  > > eyredler@...

                  Rutie Adler
                  Coordinator Hebrew Language Program
                  Near Eastern Studies Department
                  UC Berkeley
                  Berkeley, CA 94720-1940
                  (510) 642 4076
                • Manfred Kropp
                  Message 8 of 25 , Nov 9 8:07 AM
                    Hi all,
                    some days ago I worte about my problems with spotlight and Mellel.
                    Thanks to good advice and a new installation it worked out (Mellel
                    2.1.2 and MacOS X 10.4.8).
                    But now, without having changed anything in that configuration it
                    appeared again, that is to say, spotlight does not scan or indicate
                    Mellel docs. Has anyone got similar experience? Did not have the time
                    to reinstall spotlight Mellel from the scratch.
                    Manfred