Footnotes running onto next page

  • Steve Raine
    Message 1 of 61 , Aug 4, 2006
      Hello--

      Mellel 2.0.1

      I've done something which is now allowing footnotes to 'spill' over
      onto the next page.

      "May separate from reference" is NOT checked.

      Suggestions?

      Thanks,
      Steve
    • Donald Broadribb
      Message 61 of 61 , Nov 26, 2006
        > How do I prevent footnotes from completing on the next page?
        > I would like to restrict them to the bottom of the page on which they
        > appear.

        A footnote will only complete on the folowing page if there is not enough room for it on
        the page where it begins.

        First, check the Edit Note Attributes pane (Insert menu) and ensure that the Height % is
        around 98%.

        Then ensure that position is set as Bottom of Page.

        Finally ensure that you do not have any space above or space below set, in the edit pane.

        If there is still not enough room left on the page after your footnote reference for the
        entire footnote to appear, then the only thing you can do is make the type size of the
        footnote smaller so that it will fit. You can do this by placing your cursor in the footnote
        concerned, do a Select All, and change the font or font size with the Font palette. This will
        not affect any other footnotes, only the one that concerns you.

        Don Broadribb